Mobile documents is a great app that lets you see heavy email attachments with ease; large emails and large documents are no longer a mobile-web waiting issue.
- Mobile picture viewer handling 71MP images on the fly
- PDF viewer that supports pinch and zoom, FULL SCREEN view (why the one installed on N8 can’t go full screen, what a fail), and also text flow – with just the text in a single column.
- Share attachments from email without prior downloadand reupload. It is an instant send.
Note, you must sign in first with your Nokia account to try betalabs stuff.
The first two are very, very blurry but the third by Camb078 from blog-n8.fr is a little clearer.
You can get this from gameloft OR the easier route from Ovi Store. My bills have increased as it’s just too easy to purchase stuff from there :p. You WILL need to download this via WiFi as it is HUUGE! 168MB, much bigger than Avatar.
It’s priced at 3GBP or som how 3EUR. Apparently some of you are seeing these priced at 2.5CAD. Hmm…I’d like some price unity.
It supports multitouch controls and is in full 3D.
In this video demo TheRacerex shows us how to Sync Gmail Calendar and Contacts on Symbian^3 devices like the Nokia N8, as well as the different ways that you can access your GMAIL email on the N8.
For Calendar Sync: Settings>Phone>Mail>Mail for Exchange and pop in your details. Email, Password, put user name as the email and then MfE server as m.gogle.com. I can’t seem to get calendar to Sync. A long route to get your gmail info is to export from gmail and import into ovi calendar (and sync via ovi Calendar).
Alternatively there’s an app called rainlendar that actually does show calendar syncing
It’s not yet on Ovi Store but it is on GameLoft’s site from your device.
I got there via wapshop.gameloft.com and a specific T-Mobile link. It may be different with your particular network (you’ll have to chose or the site will automatically direct you).
I haven’t played it yet so I don’t know what it would look like on N8. I’m not sure if it will be like the iPhone version (like most of gamelofts offerings have been for Symbian^3) as the download is only 3MB (though it is titled HD like their other 3D games). No wait, wait…., I just checked – Real football 2010 HD is 1.25MB and avatar is 0.70MB which I know is HUGE (Over 100MB download).
I want to wait till it appears on Ovi Store – I don’t know how gameloft purchasing/redownload works. But you can get it now if you want from Gameloft for £3.00
TrueCaller is a highly useful caller ID application that’s available on Windows Mobile, Android and iPhone. S60 users have been enjoying for this app for quite a while and now you can get it for Symbian^3 handsets. What is TrueCaller?
TrueCaller is the most used Caller ID application on the market with social media integrations and intelligent call blocking functionality against spam calls.
There are a whole host of innovative features including:
- Caller ID and Caller ID+: Get the name, number and location of your incoming caller
- Social Caller ID: << nice. Sometimes people inform of status whereabouts/current moods so you know if they’re available to talk and how to approach them. “e.g. chasing after the dog” might mean they’re out – (or many other better examples)
- Update Phonebook: Updates your phonebook details that may not be filled in, e.g. address
- Call Filter: Block Spam callers
- Tweet Caller
- SMS Pop Up
- Number Search
- Maps and Directions
More on these features below. There’s also supposedly a “Mysterious Feature” that will be unveiled in January 2011 which coincides with the 50+ improvements coming to Symbian.
It’s made it’s way onto Symbian and creator Tommi Laukkanen has submitted it to the Ovi Store.
It’s not yet in Qt Format (N900 version was in Qt Web Run Time) but Tommi Laukkanen says the next major revision will be.
It looks very thumb friendly in portrait. I wonder if it will sport the same double column as seen in the Maemo 5 version when in landscape. I’ll certainly be looking forward to giving it a go. It still only has Trill and mighty Gravity to live up to.
A video of the Alpha 3 Maemo 5 version is included below
At the start of the month, we heard about a new app in Beta Labs called SoundTrckr – an internet radio streaming app with access to over 8million fully licensed songs.
Nokia Beta Labs have released some new updates including:
- Extended compatibility to S60 5th edition devices running on Java 2.1 beta available on Nokia Beta Labs
- Enabled persistent connection with Twitter (Users do not need to log-in on twitter each time they exit and re-enter the app)
- Enabled user profile photo upload from locally stored photos
- Added exit button on settings page
- Bug fixes for stability and performance