Take your application from the desktop and port it to handheld devices, be it for MeeGo or Symbian via Qt, ready for Ovi Store consumption!
There’s either a new phone “or even 10,000 euros” as a prize.
The competition runs until the 28th February 2011. However, an early bird competition finishes on the 31st December 2010. 5 winners will be selected, each winning a Nokia N900!
The main competition prize is EUR 10,000 (10 thousand, I know how sometimes . is used instead of , and 10 euros might not seem such a cool amount :p) and will be awarded to the app which has been found by judges to be the best ported application. Then there’s supposedly 5 more Nokia N900s to give out.
And you get something too just for taking part! You’ll be awarded a gift bag, with a T-shirt and “other merchandise.”
Yes, you read correctly. But it is just for residents of South Africa aged 16 and over. Other Terms and Conditions available Here at Nokia Ringaz blog.
Now onto the good bits. An interesting find by Mark from The Nokia Blog sees 60/sixty Nokia N8’s heading over to South Africa to be reviewed. The top 8 reviews gets to keep their N8. But who gets these Nokia N8’s to review? Well up to you! All you have to do is
- follow @NokiaRSA on Twitter (to be contacted by DM/Direct Message)
- Tweet to @NokiaRSA with the hashtag #N8ReviewZA on your motivation to review the N8 (one tweet per person)
- Reviewers will be announced on the 11th November 2010 on the Nokia Ringaz blog
- You must notify your review by tweeting @NokiaRSA with the hashtag #N8ReviewZA
- Winners will be announced on 26 November 2010
So. What are you waiting for? We’ve been raving about the N8 for quite some time, here is your chance to find out why – and tell the world about your experiences of the most powerful smartphone Nokia has ever produced.
Most powerful smartphone from Nokia? Isn’t that the N900? Oh no wait that’s a mobile computer.
PS, you will be in full liability of the phone whilst it is in your possession. Also kinda strict – failure to return (or purchase) the N8 by 23rd November 2010 16:00 will result in disqualification and full liability of R4,799. Well that’s understandable. Sending out Nokia N8s to mostly randoms (possibly some reviewers/bloggers/trusted online personalities).
I think this may be for Austrian residents only but there’s a competition with Snickers where you could apparently win one of 20 Nokia N8.
I think if you register, you’re entered into the draw to win a Nokia N8.
With the Snickers No Limit sport Competition there’s also 17,000 EURO up for grabs, with 10K for first the best team.
To celebrate the release of FireFox 1.1 on the Nokia N900, FireFox are giving you the chance to win yourself the uber powerful Nokia N900.
All you have to do is get 100% on the mini firefox quiz. CLICK HERE to enter.
For a heads up on the answers, check out this post about FireFox 1.1
Ovi Blog via @MickyFin
With that, I was supposed to make a video.
I didn’t really understand it at the time, and even if I had understood the brief, I was buried under a mountain of revision and exams. :S
Due to the ashcloud and such, the deadline was moved to 24th May, giving me some time to have a go at WOM’s video challenge.
My friends told me sweded is meant to look super amateurish so that’s what we’re presenting here on our take on sweding Nokia’s Simple Human Solutions ad.
It’s 2min 45 seconds long, and after that are behind the scenes/deleted parts.
[Someone was almost hospitalized due to one scene :o]
Yes, it barely looks anything like the original, haha, but we didn’t want to just replicate it. We wanted a sweded ultra low budget touch :p. e.g. drawing on the computer screen instead of an animated computer screen. The recording venue, hahaha.
Not sure exactly what the prize is, it seems to be the N97 mini given that’s what’s in the video (and it is a great Nokia GPS phone!) though it could be something else.
Anyway, if you fancy winning yourself a free GPS enabled phone all you have to do is share how you use Ovi Maps. Either:
- Record a video (YouTube it/QIK it etc)
- Take Pictures
- Or write a blog post
More details over at blog.ovi.com/maps
- Nokia N97 mini (Winner announced 6th April)
- Nokia X6 (Winner announced 13th April)
- Nokia E72 (Winner announced 20h April)
What’s your Ovi Maps Story?
Win a trip to Austin Texas USA for the South by Southwest festival and a Nokia N900 with @WOMWorldNokia! #nokiacomp #SXSW
The WOMWorld/Nokia crew are holding a super awesome competition whereby you can win some amazing prizes:
- An expenses paid ticket to South By Southwest festival! Leave on Friday 12th March, Come back 16th March.
- A Nokia N900
- A trial of a cutting edge Nokia device
What do you have to do?
Well there are two phases:
Phase 1: How many trials?
Running right now
Guess how many trials of Nokia devices WOMWorld has sent out in 2009. Tweet @WOMWorld/Nokia
Phase 2: Who Am I?
From 4PM GMT tomorrow, 5th March 2010
The Top 100 closest from phase one will get a chance to play live over QIK with Chris [via womworld QIK account]
Number 1 is the closest person and plays first.
Just guess which device by asking yes or no questions.
- within five questions: They win an expenses paid ticket to South By Southwest.
- You’ll be there for the INTERACTIVE PORTION OF SXSW – Go to 3:05
- within ten questions: They win an N900
- within fifteen questions: They get a trial of a cutting edge Nokia device
– You must over 18
– You must be able to travel to the USA next Friday 12th returning Tuesday 16th.
– You must already be in possession of a VISA if one is required for you to travel to the USA