One man Barbershop vocal group daniscool99 has entered the N8Producers competition (To win a zero gravity flight experience!) with his own arrangement of “I’ll be seeing you”. Filmed four separate times with four separate singing parts, it all combines into a quartet Acapella.
The video certainly looks great, one of the clearest Dan has uploaded. I’m not sure what he used to record the audio though since there’s a big ass microphone there. Although it is possible to hook up microphones to the N8. Would have been nice just to demonstrate the stellar audio recording capabilities of the N8.
I wish more YouTube vlogger folk got an N8 and were made aware of this competition.
Mobile documents is a great app that lets you see heavy email attachments with ease; large emails and large documents are no longer a mobile-web waiting issue.
- Mobile picture viewer handling 71MP images on the fly
- PDF viewer that supports pinch and zoom, FULL SCREEN view (why the one installed on N8 can’t go full screen, what a fail), and also text flow – with just the text in a single column.
- Share attachments from email without prior downloadand reupload. It is an instant send.
Note, you must sign in first with your Nokia account to try betalabs stuff.
The first two are very, very blurry but the third by Camb078 from blog-n8.fr is a little clearer.
You can get this from gameloft OR the easier route from Ovi Store. My bills have increased as it’s just too easy to purchase stuff from there :p. You WILL need to download this via WiFi as it is HUUGE! 168MB, much bigger than Avatar.
It’s priced at 3GBP or som how 3EUR. Apparently some of you are seeing these priced at 2.5CAD. Hmm…I’d like some price unity.
It supports multitouch controls and is in full 3D.
This video demonstrates QML based QuickFlickr i.e. Flickr client running on Symbian device (N8). What you see on the video is not the final product and it lacks many features, graphics and it still has several bugs.
Current set of features:
– Authentication with Flickr (doesn’t work on symbian device due the QtWebKit problem with developer packages)
– Latest uploads from contacts,
– Photostreams of your contacts and your own photostream
– Photo details (favorite,views, comments, add comments, description, etc)
– Contact list
– Navigation between different pages
On Christmas eve-eve we saw that Android 2.3 had been successfully ported to the N900 via the NITDroid project.
Below we can see N900 with Smooth Gingerbread action. Cheers Keith for the heads up!
Demoed features include:
- Web Browser
- Akwardly small portrait keyboard (is that the landscape keyboard just in wrong orientation?)
A few days ago we saw that Spider-Man: Total Mayhem was available for Symbian^3 devices like the Nokia N8.
However, with no video demo, I wasn’t sure what it actually looked like given the small download size stated from Gameloft’s site. However those sizes were similar with other hugely entertaining and visually blessed games, like Avatar.
I hoped it would be like the iOS version and you’ll be pleased to hear it is, as is multitouch (which isn’t always guaranteed – e.g. SIMS 3 and Galaxy on Fire). Some of you also addressed concerns on whether it’s good enough for your money? What do you reckon?
This isn’t as smooth as the MeeGo handset experience seen on the PC smart tablet a couple of weeks ago.
However, it is nice to see MeeGo on a growing number of different types of devices.