Gallery: Mirror screen for Nokia N8 – mirror screen protector
I’m not sure why you would want to do this, but mirror screens always appear as 3rd party accessories and I still see people using them on their phones. In addition to being a screen protector and protect from unwanted scratches, you do get the added benefit of having, suddenly, a mirror.
I thought – why not see what it would look like on a Nokia N8. Well here you go. But there maybe some downsides to consider: Visibility, screen responsiveness, outdoor visibility:
- The screen is still, most importantly, usable in the capacitive sense. It doesn’t really hinder movement as electrons are still conducted through this plastic.
- Importantly, the plastic is relatively thick which is important i nscreen protectors as it reduces the bubbling on screen.
- Finally though can you see through it? Well you’ll have to click on and find out.
Yup, yes you can. When the screen light goes off, the screen becomes a mirror. Useful maybe for the women/girls out there to have a constant pocket mirror? Or as a spy to spot those following you :p.
Make sure the N8 screen is completely clean and dust free.
- Without peeling anything off first, align the plastic so it fits the N8 and you have a general feel of where to place it.
- Peel of layer 1 which sticks to the screen
- Starting off at the bottom, apply bottom plastic part slowly and rub bubbles outwards, slowly pushing the plastic down on the screen and removing bubbles.
- A mini rubber squidgy would help (flat rubber edge to push bubbles out)
- Pell of layer 2 and wipe any remaining bubbles
It’s not too much of a problem outdoors although being a reflective mirror layer, it obviously does reduce visibility.
Here’s a gallery: