Video: Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 beta from Beta Labs
It comes with two major improvements including new home view and new music player.
You can try it out over at Nokia Beta Labs (though all I’m getting is a URL error after clicking download).
You’ll need to sign in with your Nokia Account first though to try beta labs stuff.
What’s new in Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0
A new Home view
- Get quick access to your content and to sync
- View recommended apps and games from Ovi Store
- View recommended music from Ovi Music *
- Receive notifications to update your phone software and to back up your phone
- Connect to the internet without a fixed connection or WLAN
Introducing Ovi Music
- Get full control of playback
- Discover and download your favourites from the millions of tracks available on Ovi*
- Drag music to and from your phone
- Have access to your Ovi Music Unlimited account *
- Get all the features you need in Nokia Ovi Suite – no need for a separate player
- Experience the faster and simpler installation
- Delete individual maps from your phone, download maps with greater reliability
- Enjoy improvements to syncing and stability
How you can help:
- Download Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 Beta and install it on your computer.
- Share your feedback about using Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 Beta via Beta Labs feedback channels. See further instructions at the end of page.
- Whenever an update to Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 Beta is released, please install it. During the Beta period, we aim to release new update releases regularly.
Do you use Ovi Suite? I’m not really that big of an Ovi Suite user. For photos/videos it’s so easy to just drag and drop stuff (Can’t believe you cannot do this with iPhone/iTouch). That’s really the only reason I’d connect N8 to PC. That, for software updates and to tether a Nokia to laptop to get some internet. One of my housemates is surprisingly an Ovi Suite user for E71 and finds it really easy to use, automatically syncing data, music, photos etc. I’ll have to give Ovi Suite a proper go especially with the 3.0 beta.
Syncing is somewhat of an annoyance as it takes FOREVER and though I’m hoping it’s more my laptop (synced fine on another though that was when N8 was new and had barely any info)