Video: V3’s Nokia C7 review
The folks at V3 review the Nokia C7
- Quite a nice build, curvy edges
- Very nice 3.5″ AMOLED – Provides quite a good viewing experience for viewing websites and videos
- Menu – Quite simple to navigate. Everything nice and neatly loaded
- Homescreen is quite cluttered – widgets and apps to sign in to
- Email synced up – widget shows just top 2 – quite small although you can click into it.
- 8MP camera – picture s quite decent.
- Particularly impressed with HD video recording. Took it at concert – really clear, sharp even though zoomed in to maximum (x3). Crystal clear and easy to record
- Disappointing things – Symbian Interface
- Alphanumeric keypad – folks transitioning to smartphone may like this style as it’s very familiar
- Landscape QWERTY not the most intuitive.
- Over 3G – browser quite fast.
- Text not formatting within browser window (needing horizontal scrolling)
- Ooh I didn’t want to watch the rest of this browser bit. It annoys so much that they could let something as fundamental as the browser (which has been less than desirable since N97) pass through like this despite on the close corner having the BEST browser in MicroB for N900.
- To be fair, browser isn’t completely bad. It gets most things done, but it just isn’t up to expectations amongst what is delivered amongst its peers.
- This is going to be a phone for Nokia fans – or looking for a smartphone step up. Not a bad effort from Nokia. A bit pricey at £300. If you want to spend that, you might want to look at some other Android alternatives. The only device higher than this is the N8 with HDMI and N8 but this one does hold its own though a bit pricey.