My Dream Nokia #3: Nokia N9-01 MeeGo Phone concept 12MP, CBD 4.1″ 1280x720x32, 64gb, Dual Core 1GHz
My Dream Nokia #3 – response to the “My Dream Nokia” idea from Alberto:
“My dream’s nokia may be the N9-01 : a N900 in better (better hardware, alu casing, bigger screen, and MeeGo”
His dream specs are on the side but just to reiterate:
- MeeGo 1.2
- Dual Core 1GHz
- 1GB RAM
- 64GB Internal
- Micro-SD Reader
- Physical Keyboard
- Spaced Keys
- Sensitive Pad
- No keys on the front
- Hard keys for +/0 and camera
- Face Cam 5MP
- Rear Cam 12MP
- Camera Lens Cover (Very, very important feature now realising what I’ve missed. So easy to wash out photos, especially with bright flash when there’s a smudge on the camera glass)
- 4 LED Flash (ooh quadflash again? No one seems to be a fan of the Xenon. Then again, I do miss that spontaneous LED torch. But Not so much as blurry people pics :p)
- Aluminium casing (Early N9 leak has that single aluminium macbook pro look)
- CBD 4.1″ 1280X720X32 (Where’s the 32? I’ve always envisioned that the surrounding side border around the phone could form some touch input – no actual buttons needed. Or that around the screen are a few SEPARATE pixels that would truly make it borderless but still be functional in certain situations where you might need that border.)
- LED Notification on the front (OH Real N9, you must have this like the N900. It’s unbelievably useful)
- Resistive but multitouch (uh oh – controversial. Die Hard N900 fans would agree. Well this is Thomas’ own Dream Nokia)
- Very Strong Front Surface
- Dolby Surround. Jack 3.5 Audio Out
- Wireless HDMI
- Micro USB + HOST + OTG
- 4000 mAh battery (AMEN! But I doubt we’ll ever get more than 1500mAh for any Nokia Phone given current size constraints from Nok)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- WiFi N
- LTE Support
The good thing is, a lot of these specs (bar a few such as battery capacity) are actually physically possible right now.
Very early Nokia MeeGo UI worth posting. Even if it doesn’t improve from this I’d be impressed.
About “My Dream Nokia”
I’m sure you’ve dreamt up your PERFECT Nokia phone. What it would look like, what it would feel like, what features it would have. Why don’t you share it with the world? Or at least with other Nokia fans .
It could be your own photoshopped or rendered work (seriously, you don’t need mega skills in either, basic paint job is often enough to convey a concept) of your dream product.
SEND this in similarly to email@example.com with the title “My Dream Nokia” and perhaps the model number (and a little description, maybe a few specs in the message area? Though this bit not necessary).
Who knows, maybe an image might flutter over to Nokia and through whatever route end up being real.