14.1MP, Full 1080p HD Video Recording, waterproof; 14.1MP and 3x optical zoom; Mini Projector Symbian phones coming soon amongst 11 new Symbian^2 devices from NTT DOCOMO
An interesting tip from Catherine Donald (cheers!) – 11 new Symbian^2 (yes ^2) models are going to be coursing their way around Japan as Fujitsu and Sharp announce new Symbian handsets. There’s a lot of waterproofness going on here and being Japan, already going at it with 14.1MP and in build projector. It will be interesting to see how those 14.1MP pair fare against the Symbian N8. Also FULL 1080p HD video recording. Can it deliver?
Also – the flip form factor is living on strong – where as elsewhere it seems to have pretty much died with the RAZR fad.
What’s pretty cool is that over half of these handsets are expected this month of November. Some are expected later in Jan, Feb and March.
An incredible bit of Symbian Info:
A total of 143 Symbian-based models have either shipped or are in the process of being launched in Japan as of 8 November, 2010＊１. More than 400 million units have shipped around the globe since the first Symbian-based device launched in 2000
So ok let’s get on with it. Today, Symbian announced that Symbian^2 platform (skipped by Nokia) is being used in 11 of the latest models unveilled by NTT DOCOMO (Japan). 5 of these handsets are from Fujitsu and 6 from Sharp.
Devices manufactured by Fujitsu:
- docomo PRIME series™ F-01C – Slim, waterproof phone with customizable exterior. Quick- response touchscreen, Wi-Fi access-point capability and AR location radar. Shoots Full HD video.
- docomo STYLE series™ F-02C – Cute waterproof phone with illuminated graphics on the front cover. The screen opens in two convenient ways and the phone is equipped with special energy-saving features.
- docomo SMART series™ F-03C – Slim 12.9-mm waterproof body with 2-inch sub-display, handy touchpad to access mail, etc. when phone is closed, and multiple colors/textures for customizable exterior.
- docomo STYLE series F-04C – Slider phone designed in collaboration with three popular boutiques from trendy “109” fashion building. Equipped with 1.3-megapixel inner camera and handy wheel-key.
- docomo STYLE series F-05C – Simple, compact slider phone comes with easy-to-use wheel-key and other features for basic, user-friendly mobile functionality, including mail and more.
Devices manufactured by Sharp:
- docomo PRIME series SH-01C – High-spec dust/waterproof phone with gradient coloring, AQUOS SHOT 14.1-megapixel CCD camera for Full HD. Wi-Fi access point capability and content sharing (DLNA).
- docomo STYLE series SH-02C – Waterproof phone in monotone body accentuated with vivid trim, 9.6-megapixel camera and color organic EL sub-display, all packaged in a compact body.
- docomo STYLE series SH-04C – Second model designed by accessory brand Q-pot.™, featuring a waterproof body, unique sweet biscuit motif, preinstalled content and coordinated fashion accessories.
- docomo PRO series™ SH-05C – Full-touchscreen phone featuring AQUOS SHOT 14.1-megapixel CCD camera and optical 3x zoom lens for high-quality Full HD video and stills.
- docomo PRO series SH-06C – Phone with embedded mini-projector to display photos and video on walls/screens, plus a large touchscreen for easy operation of projections
- TOUCH WOOD SH-08C – Eco-friendly phone made with surplus wood culled from overgrown forests in Japan, featuring an ergonomic bean-shape body and pleasing natural-wood feel.
For more information on devices, please visit www.nttdocomo.com/pr/2010/001495.html.