Video: Ixonos Smartphone UI Concept – compatible with MeeGo
I don’t know how old this video is. Some aspects of it look similar to the Qt UI layer on Moblin that was shown on the Aava Mobile reference design phone a back in Jan/Feb. The video even says compatibility for Moblin (and MeeGo).
There are some interesting and neat UI experiences here (some familiar drop down stuff from Android).
- Sky and Earth panel – Sky Panel contains the contacts and earth panel contains the applications. I like how there’s no need for a button – just slide up.
- I like the thumbnail contacts – neat change from just names with a thumbnail. Thumbnail here takes greater precedence.
- Contacts have double sided application cards. Swipe up and the contact swivels to reveal additional info. I must say I prefer gestures instead of buttons in this case. Swipe left to right or drag to pull the corner of the page (with effect) seems to make more sense. I think the future of UI is to be as much gesture driven as possible (at least in eyes of media and joe average) as it’s a complete paradigm shift from button pressing. It might not be immediately as functional as pressing a button (even virtual one) but dang, it does look cooler.
- Homescreen – not a fan of this particular homescreen. I prefer the maemo and S^3 experience (in that order).
- Photoflow app developed by scalado