Project Release MeeGo 1.1 ready. MeeGo 1.2 coming April 2011
MeeGo blog has announced that MeeGo 1.1 project release is now available. Read more at the MeeGo Blog
This release includes:
- Core OS 1.1 – consolidated common base operating system for all UXs
- Netbook UX 1.1 – complete set of core applications for netbooks
- In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) UX 1.1 – includes a sample IVI home screen and taskbar built with Qt 4.7 and speech recognition
- Handset UX 1.1 – technology snapshot implements basic development UX for voice calling, SMS messaging, web browsing, music and video playback, photo viewing, and connection management
- SDK 1.1 Beta – SDK for MeeGo Core OS and supported UXs will be released during the coming days before the MeeGo Summit conference in Dublin.
- MeeGo 1.2 is scheduled for April of 2011 and it will include a Handset UX release with a complete set of applications, and support for other device usage models.
- Hundreds of features targeting MeeGo 1.2 have already been filed in MeeGo Featurezilla
Remember there’s a MeeGo conference coming in November 2010 from 15th to 17th.
Thanks to Milan Lajtoš for the heads up to firstname.lastname@example.org