Video: How to sell the Nokia N8 – by Carphone Warehouse
The tech blogosphere is a tough but fickle scene. A device is rarely taken on its own merits. In many places, it’s all about perception, perception, perception, where the stronger your reality distortion field, the better. How people perceive a product is sometimes unfortunately as important as what the product can actually do. Bad thing for Nokia is they’re not the shouty, over bearing, boasty type – but guys you have to be.
Check out how Carphone Warehouse have been bigging up the Nokia N8. They’re the largest retailer of mobilephones in the UK and the largest independent mobile phone retailer in Europe. These guys have a lot of influence when it comes to mobile phone purchases in the UK. In their “Eye Opener” series, CPW staff have been checking out the N8’s features. They’re all pretty popular online.
Their latest is a general compilation of the N8’s best bits.
- I love how they’re actually paying attention to the camera – the thing that sets it apart. When the Samsung i8910 HD came out – the first with HD video in UK, NO ONE mentioned this in the adverts. wtf.
- The fastest Symbian OS Yet (yeah it’s Symbian, but make the most of it) 250 new features including multitasking with VISUAL task manager.
- Ovi Store – has thousands of apps. For the folks that want deh apps.
- Ovi Maps – free world wide navigation software, walking or in car.
- Nokia N8 is a top range smartphone designed for form and function.
Thank you CPW. I know they’re selling it and have to big it up to do so. When you think about it, the N8 is a great smartphone that’s taking a lot of flack from its naysayers of “hey where’s Android, hey where’s my apple logo”.