All you can eat music with (update, a few) Nokia N8’s from Ovi Music Unlimited (+Poll: were you aware of this?)
UPDATE:Well this teaches me to verify info through twitter alone. This post about all N8s with free OMU is erroneous. Major apologies.
Well this is absolute NEWS to me. I have a major flu going on and my memory’s taking a hit, but I think I’d remember something as major as this if it was given enough of a promotion.
You may have heard about it but why was this not shouted about more to get it buried in our heads as much as “biggest sensor, 12mp, anodized aluminium”?
Normally Comes With Music phones (now Ovi Music Unlimited) are slightly more expensive than their non CWM/OMU counterparts – but the N8 is the same price (well dependent on where you buy it, but you get what I mean).
This is incredible, and such a huge factor to get the N8 on top of its already amazing host of features.
So why wasn’t there a fuss made about this. All you can eat, legal, DRM free songs/albums. TOTAL AWESOMENESS. I’m betting that this would influence a lot of sales if they knew that there’s like 5 million pounds of music FOR FREE.
- Fantastic way to get all the latest tracks – FOR FREE – from international songs to local favourites.
- Now that there’s stronger crack down on digital piracy, this is a great way to stay legal
- Great way to discover tracks – no need to even try before you buy – just download!
- Partners the N8 very well – very nice, loud speaker, brilliant through headphones/A2DP headphones or surround sound system.
- Keep everything you download Forever
- (Should be possible to play on any device being DRM free.Ovi Blog was misleading about the DRM thing. Apparently it is bundled into OMU. See comments.
@DhruvBhutani and @NormanJ are already enjoying their N8 Ovi Music Unlimited. Go to Nokia Ovi Player and click activate under Ovi Music Unlimited. For some reason it doesn’t work for me 😦 Is it a UK thing? Trial handset thing? Maybe my Uni internet is blocking it. (Seems all you need is an OMU account as there is NO OMU edition of the Nokia N8 – they should all come with it. )
Now the poll. Being Nokia fans, you would probably be more in the know than most. Perhaps I just totally missed the boat on this one :p