Video: DivX/AVI playback on the Nokia X3-02
Oddly a feature some of the newer S40 phones can do but not last year’s flagship N97 or any S^1 from Nokia by default was to playback DivX/Xvid/AVI files. (N900 was a beast and handled DivX a beaut)
Here on the X3-02 touch and type you can see out of the box it plays DivX. The 2.4″ 320×240 screen might be too much of an eye sore though but it’s great for the odd clip as opposed to feature length movies. Having said that, back in the 7610 SmartMovie days with the 176×208 (was it 2.2″?).
- The playback is smooth if a little out of sync at times (may be video dependent)
- Interestingly video playback can be resumed in the background. How odd – I can’t do this with N900/N97 as they just pause the video when it’s moved to the background. This is great if this was something you’d be listening more to, like a recorded lecture or a keynote. However, I haven’t worked out how to resume video playback with the video on show.
- Although touch enabled, you have to use the Rewind and Fast Forward buttons to move along the time line
- Audio is quite stellar for such a tiny slim phone. That’s great if you like playing your music through the loudspeaker, at home or in public (the latter not really a done thing in UK unless you’re Burberry clad inclined. It’s great though where the phone is the sole computer/multimedia device of homes.
- I couldn’t get my lighting sorted so the video quality is pretty bad. The first two from a camera and the last close up via webcam.
- I don’t think it does TV-out – would have been nice though.