Home > News, Nokia, Press Release, Promotion, Symbian, Touch, Xpress Music > Nokia Touch and Type press pictures

Nokia Touch and Type press pictures

This is seriously cool device its without doubt a very capable phone for people that are sick and tired of the whole Smartphone malarky and for us geeks a perfect complimentary device.

  1. visitor
    August 17, 2010 at 7:07 pm

    Honestly, is anybody interested in this phone ? Does Nokia only has to offer low-entry-stuff in the future ? I don’t understand why Nokia is holding back the S3-Range (C7/X7/N7). I’m waiting and waiting and I’m feeling ….. angry. I hope Nokia World will show what’s all about the power of Nokia. If not – good night.

    • John Wiegand-forson
      August 17, 2010 at 7:15 pm

      I think Nokia want to get the less important announcements or phones that wont fill up pages of gadget blogs out of the way before Nokia World so then they can announce phones like the C7,X7,N7 that will hopefully cause a stir in the media

      • visitor
        August 17, 2010 at 7:58 pm

        Dear John, for that – I will save a prayer.

      • alex68
        August 17, 2010 at 9:46 pm

        No N7 for sure. Maybe some prototype show of Meego possibly…

  2. JP
    August 17, 2010 at 7:18 pm

    visitor :
    Honestly, is anybody interested in this phone?

    Probably only something like 70 % of the Earth’s population.

    Seriously, this phone has all the potential to knock the venerable 3310 out of it’s all-time bestselling phone title, and that phone sold 120 million units.

    • visitor
      August 17, 2010 at 7:30 pm

      You are right, but now it’s almost 10 years later and other manufacturers are delivering more than enough gadgets like this. Anyway – the 70 % population may have their fun with an S40-Device with an 2,4 inch touchscreen – I hope so. I will feel better in the corner of the remaining 30 %.

  3. Ravi
    August 17, 2010 at 8:56 pm

    Did any one notice that this phone does not use the regular Nokia corporate(Nokia Sans 60) font found on every other Nokia phone.This is some new font.
    Anyway its looks clear and beautiful.

    • John Wiegand-forson
      August 17, 2010 at 8:58 pm

      Oohh good point there looks like a new font going forward. This might sound weird but this might be the phone that changes Nokia fortunes and not the N8. The UI is arguably better looking than Symbian 3 and is smoother, and not to forget this is a S40 phone.

  4. Nilux
    August 18, 2010 at 10:06 am

    I think they are going to sell 100 million of these. I like phones like the N900 but still I think this phone is appealing

  5. hamaslskn
    August 19, 2010 at 8:50 am

    I think the users of this phone don’t see this kind of gadget geek sites.

  6. August 19, 2010 at 4:42 pm

    When I heard X3 I wasn’t that excited – but this is a totally different product/design to the first X3. (Dang this name thing from Nokia was meant to make it easier no? Imagine wanting this X3 for christmas and getting the other one.)

    Having been in the Philippines – a developing nation where for the majority of people, the most basic device is their best bet of getting into tech, this will very much appeal. C3 for instance seems v popular in Phils, and you get many nostalgic trips as you see many old generations of Nokia phones still proudly used.

    • John Wiegand-forson
      August 20, 2010 at 7:30 pm

      Unfortunately Geeks do not appreciate some of the phones that Nokia are making that clearly aren’t targeted at them take the C6 an excellent devices yet always being called boring and an N97 mini clone the X3 touch and type is another example its a great phone but will be dissed because its not for them. Its sad that people do not realise that there is a wider world where people have a much lesser income potential and phones like this one are pretty much the high ends for them, and that idiocy annoys me.

      BTW the naming thing is annoying its not easier I hope Nokia dont go overboard with it.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: